PADI Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC Gili Islands)
Who wouldn’t want to call the ocean his office?
With IDC Gili Islands at Oceans 5 Dive Resort on Gili Air in Indonesia, this dream becomes reality!
PADI IDC Gili Islands in Indonesia runs once a month a PADI IDC at dive resort Oceans 5 Gili Air
Imagine working in stunning, tropical dive locations around the world, working on dive boats or on exotic islands and introducing the amazing aquatic world to others.
Teaching scuba diving gives you the opportunity to share your love of the underwater world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water.
For candidates who are already certified as PADI Divemasters, the PADI IDC training is the next step in your diving career.
Looking forward to your job every day. That is what PADI dive instructors do!
Oceans 5 Dive Resort gives you the best location and conditions on the Gili Islands to successfully accomplish the IDC and IE (Instructor Examination).
PADI IDC Indonesia starts every month a PADI IDC at the Gili Islands
During the IDC you will enjoy the tropical island atmosphere of Gili Air. The island is easily reached from Bali, Lombok or other parts of Indonesia. Without any cars or motor bikes, with plenty of bars and restaurants to hang out, it is the perfect spot to do your IDC and to start your career as a dive instructor.
During your stay on Gili Air, you will experience beautiful diving, right on your doorstep.
The IDC at Oceans 5 is taught in a small group of students, so you will get a lot of attention from your Course Director Sander Buis and our team of staff instructors.
A dedicated classroom, a 25 meter swimming pool, plenty of dive sites at only a few minutes away, free IDC theory preparation workshops, a professional and experienced approach and not to forget a big portion of fun, jokes and laughter, … These are all elements why to choose for Oceans 5 to successfully accomplish your IDC.
What to Expect in Your IDC?
The PADI IDC Program at Oceans 5 Gili Air includes the Emergency First Response Instructor Course (EFRI course) and the Instructor Development Course (IDC).
EFRI Course - 2 days
Before you can be certified as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you need to have first completed the EFR Instructor course.
IDC Course – 10 days
The PADI IDC course contains:
- Dive theory presentations on physics, physiology, equipment, decompression theory and skills & environment
- Practice exams
- Classroom time for presentations about how to teach the PADI courses, and other topics like marketing and risk management.
- Confined water skill sessions to practice the 24 skills from the PADI Divemaster course
- Confined water and open water sessions: in-water workshops to learn how to handle students when teaching the PADI courses.
Additional teaching workshops during the IDC include:
- Knot tying workshop
- Lift Bag workshop
- Student control workshop
- DSD workshop
- CESA Workshop: preparing CESA lines and teaching the Controlled Emergency Swimming Ascent safely
These workshops are NOT standard IDC practice. They are additional workshops added into our IDC program. These workshops will give you more experience on teaching skills safely and efficiently.
PADI IDC Gilis starts every month a PADI IDC in Indonesia
Our overall objective is to teach you how to be a GREAT PADI Instructor. Passing the Instructor Examination (IE) is a secondary objective; it is NOT the primary objective, and this is what makes us different from other IDC courses. We believe that if you teach IDC students how to be GREAT instructors, then the IE is just a formality.
What Can You Teach?
After becoming an Open Water Scuba Instructor, you can conduct all PADI courses and programs from Discover Scuba Diving up to Divemaster. You can also acquire specialty instructor ratings, such as Digital Underwater Photographer or Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox).
If you want to start your training as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor at Oceans 5 Gili Air, you must:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster, a PADI Assistant Instructor or leadership level with another diver training organization (check with a PADI Course Director or Contact Us for qualifying credentials.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six month
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the Instructor Development Course. You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exam (IE).
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement
- Be fit for diving and present a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC)
|PADI Instructor Development Course
|Emergency First Response Instructor Course
|PADI IDC Crewpack
|EFR Instructor Manual
|PADI Instructor Application fee*
|EFR Instructor Application fee*
|PADI Instructor Examination fee*
.*) Fees will be paid directly to PADI/EFR
Included in the PADI Instructor Development Course:
Pass guarantee (Second IDC for free and IE Guarantee)
- Divemaster Theory and Skill practice before the IDC
- Free IDC Preparation
- 10% discount on equipment retail
- IDC T-Shirt
- Lunch during the IDC
- Pocket mask
- Equipment rental
- Free diving 1 week before and during IDC
If you like to have more information about the PADI IDC Gili Islands write us an email at Info@oceans5dive.com